Ashe picks up first win
Tennis team’s win streak continues
Huskies blast North Wilkes, 9-0
A new queen is crowned
Ashe County Arrest Report Sept. 15-22
- A new queen is crowned - 8:20 pm
- Ashe County Arrest Report Sept. 15-22 - 2:20 pm
- Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district court this week - 9:41 am
- Ashe County Youth Participate in Central Regional 4-H Target Shooting Sports Tournament - 9:40 am
- 2017 Ashe County Heart Walk is Saturday - 9:40 am
- Ashe County Wreck Report Sept. 10-15 - 2:00 pm
- ‘Ashe Rocks’ High Country - 8:00 pm
- Commissioners hosting special public hearing Monday - 5:00 pm
- Lansing Haunted House to open Oct. 6 - 3:15 pm
- West Jefferson man faces traffic citation in fatal recliner accident - 3:00 pm
- Litter-box bandit receives life sentence in meth case - 11:45 am
- Poverty continues to cast shadow - 11:40 am
- Elimination of DACA could hurt Ashe County’s economy - 9:20 pm
- Ashe County Arrest Report Sept. 8-15 - 2:05 pm
- Can you hear me now? - 4:46 pm updated: 5:17 pm.
- Fire officials urge caution in preventing disaster - 3:30 pm
- Ashe County Wreck Report Sept. 1-10 - 12:32 pm
- Police Chief: Drugs, syringes on the rise - 8:47 pm updated: 10:25 pm.
- Beer fest coming to West Jefferson - 8:45 pm updated: 8:52 pm.
- Ashe County Restaurant Grades - 7:30 pm updated: 7:33 pm.
- Warrants: Warrensville man head-butts, strangles disabled woman - 1:51 pm
- Fourteen years after murder, Ashe man remains on death row - 1:01 pm
- Ashe County Wreck Report Aug.27 – Sept. 6 - 12:08 pm
- Rescue Squad: Good Help Wanted - 11:05 am
- SBI: Ashe Sheriff Under Investigation - 11:03 am
West Jefferson man faces traffic citation in fatal recliner accident
FORSYTH COUNTY-A West Jefferson man, who allegedly left the scene of a fatal car accident in Forsyth County earlier this summer, is facing a minor tra...
Litter-box bandit receives life sentence in meth case
IREDELL COUNTY-A Statesville man, who once trafficked meth in Ashe County, was recently sentenced to life in a federal prison.According to a press rel...
Poverty continues to cast shadow
JEFFERSON-Ashe County recently joined more than a million people statewide in the fight to end poverty.Despite national improvements, more than 1.5 mi...
Elimination of DACA could hurt Ashe County’s economy
JEFFERSON-President Trump’s intent to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program has caught the ire of at least one justice advocacy...
Ashe County Arrest Report Sept. 8-15
ASHE COUNTY — The following individuals were arrested and booked in the Ashe County Detention Center Friday, Sept. 8 through Sept., 15. The info...
Can you hear me now?
ASHE COUNTY-America’s largest and most reliable network is shrinking, at least for some local customers.On Monday, several Ashe County Verizon c...
Wilkes Central tops Lady Huskies, 3-1
WILKESBORO — Volleyball season is nearing the halfway point, and for the Lady Huskies, they certainly hope the final half of the regular season ...
ACMS golfers place second
MOUNT AIRY — The Ashe County Middle School Bulldog golfers opened their season with a second place finish on Tuesday.Grayson Watson had the best...
Huskies host Alleghany in MVAC opener
WEST JEFFERSON — Games start to count for just a little bit more now for the eight teams in the Mountain Valley Athletic Conference.Ashe County ...
Ashe runs strong in first home meet
WEST JEFFERSON — The first home meet of the season was a great one for both the men’s and women’s cross country teams.Ashe County fi...
Bulldogs fall to Alleghany, Central Wilkes
WARRENSVILLE — The Ashe County Middle School Bulldogs dropped their first two conference games of the season.First up, the Bulldogs took on Alle...
Twilight League playoff update
WEST JEFFERSON — The regular season champion will not repeat as tournament champion for the 2017 Twilight League season.The Mountain Aire team w...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
On Reform, Quicken the Pace
RALEIGH — The annual testing data and report cards for North Carolina’s public schools are out. Here are the headlines. Achievement rose i...
Once more, NC lawmakers reject chance to create fair maps
This month, North Carolina lawmakers had a golden opportunity to adopt fair, nonpartisan standards for drawing new legislative voting districts. Inste...
Shortage of basic school supplies demonstrates legislature’s failure to invest
It’s an exciting time of year for students, parents, and educators, alike, as everyone considers the vast potential for the year ahead. Undoubte...
Matthew recovery is state’s problem now
While the nation focuses on Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey, North Carolina still doesn’t have the money it needs to rebuild from Hurricane ...
Standing strong for public schools is best school choice
The sounds of a new school year reverberate around the state—school bells signal the start of class, hall lockers slam, school bus stop arms cre...
Four Dates Carolinians Should Know
RALEIGH — Now that North Carolinians can put “First in Freedom” on their license plates, again, it’s worth taking a moment to ...