Pennington charged in bomb threat case
Lady Huskies sweep Avery, 9-0
Post Exclusive: Hammer reveals how he shot Shatley, motive for killing Blevins
Vikings outrun Huskies, 56-35
A look back at Ashe County’s role in Civil War
- Pennington charged in bomb threat case - 5:19 pm
- Report: 27 local women smoked while pregnant in 2015 - 2:30 pm
- Post Exclusive: Hammer reveals how he shot Shatley, motive for killing Blevins - 9:45 pm
- A look back at Ashe County’s role in Civil War - 1:50 pm
- Ashe County Arrest Report Aug. 9-16 - 2:20 pm
- New Businesses Getting a Start - 11:12 am
- Todd Fire Chief steps down as department tries to right financial ship - 5:00 pm
- Ashe County Wreck Report Aug. 8-15 - 11:30 am
- Todd VFD again faces uncertain future - 8:23 am
- Five phony bomb threats reported in less than two weeks - 7:03 pm
- Lapse in insurance coverage could affect Todd Fire Department - 3:25 pm updated: 5:57 pm.
- Second Friday Night Gallery Crawls Continue in Downtown West Jefferson - 3:16 pm
- A touch of color - 3:12 pm
- Highway patrol continues to investigate N.C. 16 crash - 2:27 pm updated: 5:59 pm.
- Town of West Jefferson Board of Adjustment hearing - 2:23 pm
- Mystery TARDIS could return soon - 1:25 pm
- Horse hitching post stirs controversy - 9:00 am
- The waiting game - 7:00 pm
- Ashe County Arrest Report July 31-Aug. 9 - 2:15 pm
- God provides refreshing sleep - 11:59 am
- Courting History: The Museum of Ashe County History - 11:17 am
- Lansing domestic violence suspect arrested after ‘fleeing’ to Virginia - 10:15 am
- Charges follow motorcycle chase along NC, TN border - 9:55 am
- Jury reaches verdict in pig case - 7:25 pm updated: 8:39 pm.
- Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district court this week - 12:57 pm
Five phony bomb threats reported in less than two weeks
WEST JEFFERSON-A peaceful Ashe County Saturday afternoon was interrupted as first responders once more dealt with the threat of an explosive device at...
Lapse in insurance coverage could affect Todd Fire Department
ASHE COUNTY-A lapse in insurance coverage by the Todd Volunteer Fire Department could affect fire protection services in the community.Ashe County Eme...
Second Friday Night Gallery Crawls Continue in Downtown West Jefferson
What could be better than an evening in the mountains where the weather is cool, the people are friendly and artistic talent is abundant? The second F...
A touch of color
(Photo submitted) Ashe County High School seniors took a break from their summer vacations this week to paint their new senior parking spaces at ACHS....
Highway patrol continues to investigate N.C. 16 crash
ASHE COUNTY-Charges are pending against a Jefferson woman, who was involved in a two-car collision on N.C. 16 in Crumpler last Friday.According to the...
Town of West Jefferson Board of Adjustment hearing
The Board of Adjustment for the Town of West Jefferson will hold a public hearing on Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 5:15 p.m. at West Jefferson Town Hal...
High Country Half Marathon Announces New Route for 2017 Race, Scheduled for Aug. 26
BOONE—The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Institute for Health and Human Services (IHHS) at Appalachian State University announced ...
Vikings outrun Huskies, 56-35
NEWLAND — The McCollum brothers were just too much for the Ashe County Huskies on Friday night.Quarterback Van McCollum ran for 120 yards and th...
Huskies pound Mitchell, 9-0
BAKERSVILLE — Ashe County was out of the gate quickly and the Mitchell Mountaineers never had a chance to get anything going on offense as the H...
Lady Huskies win season opener
WEST JEFFERSON — It was a good start to the 2017 season for the varsity volleyball team as they took down Avery County on Tuesday by a 3-2 score...
Mountain Aire holds slim lead in Twilight League
WEST JEFFERSON — With just two weeks of play left in the 2017 Twilight League regular season, the Mountain Aire team continues to hold a one-mat...
VIDEO: Along for the ride
[video width="480" height="272" m4v="http://www.jeffersonpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/BRB.m4v"][/video]...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
The Bible, religion and reproductive freedom
Why are religious conservatives so adamantly opposed to abortion and to freedom of choice for women? Few commentators have probed the pertinent religi...
Federal judges push NC lawmakers for new legislative maps sooner rather than later
The three federal judges could have just come right out and said it: The Republicans who rule the N.C. General Assembly have elevated foot-dragging to...
The scandalous special sessions that subvert our democracy
The General Assembly will convene a special session but most people in North Carolina, including the vast majority of the members of House and Senate,...
Some Ideas Have Hideous Consequences
RALEIGH — In 1948, a 38-year-old North Carolinian and English professor at the University of Chicago coined a memorable phrase: “ideas hav...
Letter to the Editor: AMH’s Angels of Ashe
All my life I had been told to avoid Ashe Memorial Hospital. Anytime anyone in my family had a medical need, we have more often than not driven elsewh...
Trump’s #TransBan shows he has no idea what transgender people trying to enlist actually deal with
My name is Payton McGarry. If you recognize it, that’s because I’m a client in Lambda Legal and the ACLU’s lawsuit against North Car...