Nathan HamSports Writernham@civitasmedia.com
January 27, 2013
The Lady Huskies celebrated a huge victory on Wednesday, taking down rival Wilkes Central, 58-50.
A pair of sophomores played a big role in leading the team to victory.
Paige Spell tallied a double-double with 15 points and 12 steals while point guard Morgan Hudler added 15 points, two steals and two assists.
Junior Emily Flanagan scored 11 points and had a team-high seven rebounds. Chelsea Reavis added five points and two rebounds, Victoria Reed had five points and two steals and freshman Ashton Lee chipped in five points and two assists.
The victory improved Ashe’s record to 8-9 overall and 6-4 in the Mountain Valley Athletic Conference.
There are only six games remaining in the regular season.
This week, the Lady Huskies traveled to Starmount on Monday to play a game that was originally scheduled for last Friday. The squad will then travel to East Wilkes on Tuesday and return home to host Alleghany on Friday.
Ashe wraps up the regular season with a home game against Elkin on Feb. 5, the final road game of the regular season on Feb. 8 at North Wilkes, then Senior Night on Feb. 12 against West Wilkes.
1. North Wilkes: 14-1 overall, 10-0 conference
2. West Wilkes: 11-5 overall, 7-3 conference
3. Wilkes Central: 9-7 overall, 6-3 conference
4. Ashe County: 8-9 overall, 6-4 conference
5. East Wilkes: 7-10 overall, 5-5 conference
6. Forbush: 5-10 overall, 5-5 conference
7. Starmount: 2-11 overall, 2-7 conference
8. Alleghany: 2-15 overall, 2-8 conference
9. Elkin: 1-17 overall, 1-9 conference