Wil Petty Staff Writer firstname.lastname@example.org
December 13, 2013
A structural fire occurred at approximately 2:30 p.m. Friday afternoon near the intersection of 3-Top Road and Ben Bolen Road near Creston.
Todd Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chris Welch said the fire was caused by a malfunction in the residence’s chimney. Welch said the wall along the fireplace was charred.
An N.C. Forest Service official estimated the damage to be at approximately $10,000.
Responding units were the Creston, Todd and West Jefferson Volunteer Fire Departments, the N.C. Department of Forest Service and Ashe Rescue Squad.