jeffersonpost.com

Chimney fire this morning results in minor damage to home

Cliff Clark General Manager/Editor

January 14, 2014

A chimney fire this morning at a home on Dick Phillips Road in the Fleetwood Community resulted in only minor damage.


“I’ve never had anything like this before,” said Bobbie Adams about the fire that turned out volunteer firefighters from the Fleetwood, Todd and Glendale Springs Fire Departments.


Bobbie and her husband Roger have lived in the home for 30 years.


The firefighters quickly extinquished the smoldering blaze in the chimney.


Bobbie hoped the damage, especially the smoke, was minimal.


“I might have stay somewhere else for a few days if the smell is too much,” said Bobbie.