jeffersonpost.com

Fire near Baldwin caused by cable line

Wil Petty jpetty@civitasmedia.com

3 months 22 days 17 hours ago |1537 Views | | | Email | Print

A brush fire on Laurel Creek Road occurred Monday morning and was caused by a faulty cable line, according to Todd Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chris Welch.


The fire started at approximately 11:30 a.m., according to the scanner calls.


Laurel Creek Road is located in the community of Baldwin, approximately a mile and a half from N.C. 194’s intersection with U.S. 221.


Welch said the fire was quickly contained.


Responding units were: Fleetwood, Todd and West Jefferson Fire Departments and the N.C. Forest Service.


Wil Petty can be reached at (336) 846-7164 or on Twitter @WilPetty.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Weather

Sponsored By:

Local Gas Prices

Lowest Gas Prices in West Jefferson
West Jefferson Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Featured Business