NOTHING that Obama has been ACCUSED of doing scares me as much as the REPUBLICANS scare me.
I don’t care what color OBAMA is, black is only skin deep. All of the accusations about him have been disputed and most proven wrong.
1. We owe 9.34 TRILLION DOLLARS (That’s Trillion with a T) to China, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and other countries. 1.3 trillion of the above is owed to China, who could be our arch enemy in the future.
2. Republicans continue to cut taxes of millionaires and billionaires when the USA can’t pay the bills now. As STATED IN HIS SPEECH, Obama will cut the taxes of 95 percent of the voters. The other 5 percent are millionaires or billionaires. The middle class citizenry is going down the drain as the REPUBLICAN minority gets richer and richer. They must pay more. Call it Socialism. Well I have much more respect for Robin Hood than the evil king. The Democrats left BILLIONS in our surplus in 2000 and the Bush/Cheney twins spent it all many times over.
3. Ours is one of the most hated countries in the world now because of the REPUBLICAN trumped up war in Iraq, which is costing us 10 BILLION dollars a month. How can we spend billions a month for folly when we are almost ten trillion in the hole....? (Don’t forget 100,000 Iraqi dead plus 3,600 Americans and the dead from other countries on our shoulders.)
4. We killed thousands of people in Iraq, but Bush can’t find Bin Laden, the culprit who killed our 3,000 people in the 9/11 fiasco. Bush attacked Iraq, a sovereign country which did nothing to us and was not a threat. Bush wanted to free the Iraqis from their dictator and wanted to show Saddam, because Saddam threatened his father. However, we allow hundreds of thousands of people to be killed in Darfur and do nothing. John McCain voted in line with Bush 90+ percent of the time.
5. The USA has only 3 percent of the world’s oil reserves. The oil there is only a drop in the bucket. If we don’t get completely off of our OIL ADDICTION we are doomed. We are paying our probable enemies SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS a month for foreign oil. We are slowly becoming a third world country. Wind, solar, natural gas, oil from oil shale and nuclear power are the answer. We have enough natural gas in the ground to power all of the cars we drive. It is a proven fuel and has been used in America for years, but the OIL LOBBY with Washington in its pocket, continues to control our energy.
6. The only reason McCain has a female VP candidate is because he is scared to death he will lose. VP candidate Sarah Palin is anti- abortion and anti-gay and wants to change the constitution. She is a member of the NRA (National Rifle Association), is a game hunter, kills our furry friends, has a grizzly bear skin in her living room and she doesn’t know anything about being a president after only 18 months as the governor of Alaska. She preaches abstinence and her unwed 17-year-old daughter is five months pregnant. John McCain is 72 and has had cancer four times. Do you want an inexperienced person who has only had 18 months as the governor of Alaska as our president if John McCain becomes incapacitated? Compare Palin to Biden who has 36 years in the senate and IS NOT A MILLIONAIRE, could this be his honesty and no lobbyism?
7. If the American people let old, uncalled for racial bigotry keep us from electing Obama, we will get what we deserve from McCain. If we have more inept government like Bush, sponsored by McCain, the country can go down the drain like Russia did. No one should be ashamed of a bright (Columbia and Harvard graduate) black man becoming our president.
I am 81 years old and lived through the GREAT DEPRESSION. I have never seen our country as bad as it is now politically and economically.
DON’T LET RACIAL BIGOTRY KEEP US FROM SOUND THINKING...
Dallas D. Lassen