On Aug. 22, Tonya Carolina Houck, 35, of NC 88 in Jefferson, was arrested for larceny of a truck and felony larceny; the truck was recovered. Houck was released on $3,000 bond.
The following cases were opened:
• Larceny in Crumpler, knives
• Shooting into occupied dwelling – domestic
• Damage to property (sign) in West Jefferson
• Larceny, missing wallet in West Jefferson
• Fraud, Ashe County Detention Center – inmate using another’s id to buy emails, inmate charged
• Larceny in Crumpler, tools taken from a construction site
• Larceny, Shatley Road, game camera stolen
• Breaking, entering, and larceny in Lansing of tools
• Larceny from outbuilding in Lansing, known suspect, tools taken
• Breaking, entering, and larceny in Crumpler, household items taken
• Attempt breaking and entering of a church in Fleetwood
• Breaking, entering, and larceny of a safe in Crumpler
• Child sexual abuse
• Fraud, credit card, known suspect
• Criminal damage to a vehicle in Lansing, known suspect
• Breaking and entering in Crumpler, nothing taken
• DOA in Lansing
No further information was available.
Ashe County Detention Center held 70 inmates from Ashe County and 90 from other areas and state confined for a total of 160 the week of Aug. 20-26.