JEFFERSON — The Ashe County Lady Huskies, with almost an entirely new team of players, have a lot to be proud of from this year’s golf season.
Ashe finished as conference runner-up to East Wilkes and had two players qualify for the regional tournament next week.
The Cardinals finished with a team total of 267 while Ashe County shot 300 and Alleghany finished with 323.
East Wilkes golfers Eva Tharpe and Hunter Tharpe took the top two spots, shooting a 74 and 87. Ashe County’s Ashley Hardin finished third with a score of 91. Teammate Madison Osborne finished fourth with a 100 and Alleghany’s Cortlyn Blythe was fifth as she shot a 102.
Other Ashe County golfers included Emma Goodman, who finished with a score of 112, Jadyn Trivett, who shot a 113 and Sarah Noblett, who finished with a 115.
The all-conference team included both Eva and Hunter Tharpe as well as Osborne and Hardin from Ashe and Alleghany’s Lauren Carpenter.
The Lady Husky golf team wanted to send a special thank you to Philip and Laura Shepherd and Mountain Aire Golf Course for all of their continued support and letting the team practice there, as well as another thank you to the Mountain Aire Ladies Association for their donation to the women’s golf team.
Regional competition will begin on Tuesday.
MVAC Tournament individual results
1. Ava Tharpe (East Wilkes) – 74
2. Hunter Tharpe (East Wilkes) – 87
3. Ashley Hardin (Ashe) – 91
4. Madison Osborne (Ashe) – 100
5. Cortlyn Blythe (Alleghany) – 102
6. Lauren Carpenter (Alleghany) – 105
7. Kayla Wiles (East Wilkes) – 106
8. Emma Goodman (Ashe) – 112
T9. Jadyn Trivett (Ashe) – 113
T9. Sarah Spicer (East Wilkes) – 113
11. Sarah Noblett (Ashe) – 115
12. Madison Trogdon (Alleghany) – 116
13. Hanna Debord (Alleghany) – 132
Nathan Ham can be reached at 336-489-3062.