* Nov. 19, the West Jefferson Holiday Parade on Jefferson Avenue.
* Nov. 21, fresh greenery and holiday wreaths become available. The Ashe County Arts Council Tree Fest exhibit also opens.
* Nov. 19, 25 and 26, and Dec. 3, the Ashe County Farmers Market becomes the Holiday Farmers Market. An assortment of holiday ideas and gift giving treats for everyone on your list.
* Nov. 25, the Business Association will unveil “Light up the Town.” There will be a town Christmas tree lighting at the Backstreet Park at 5 p.m. Hot cocoa will be served and Santa and the Elves will make a special appearance. Girl Scouts will be Christmas caroling through town and local shops will welcome customers until 6:30 p.m.
* Dec. 2 will feature the Christmas Crawl. Shops will open later for an evening of holiday cheer and shopping 5-8 p.m.
* Dec. 3, a Holiday Open House and Saturday with Santa at the Ashe Arts Center.
* Dec. 4, the Ashe County Choral Society Concert at the Ashe Civic Center.
A statement released by the West Jefferson Business Association reads, “Through our combined efforts of neighbors helping neighbors for the betterment of all, WJBA has made improvements in our town that benefit the community. We anticipate a continued effort, as working together we can accomplish so much more.”
The association claims West Jefferson must build a town identity, attract more new businesses in town that will survive, and increase targeted advertising to increase tourist activity year round.
To join, or simply see what else the West Jefferson Business Association has in store for town, visit www.westjeffersonbusiness.com.